Deborah McKenna Limited – Online Privacy Notice
Deborah McKenna Limited (“us”, or “we”) are the “data controller” in respect of your personal information. This privacy notice sets out the basis on which any of your personal information we collect from you or third parties, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
1. HOW AND WHEN WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We collect and process personal information when you:
- contact us via email or telephone or via our website;
- provide us with your data during the course of your dealings with us and our team;
- visit our website; and
- communicate with us via social networking websites, third party apps or similar technologies.
We will indicate where any personal information we have requested is mandatory or optional. We will also explain the consequences should you decide not to provide information which we have indicated is mandatory. In some circumstances this may mean we are unable to provide you with a certain service or product.
We may also collect information about you from third party sources, such as public sources or social media networking websites and from related third parties such as other agencies, service providers or sub-contractors.
2. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect and process the following personal information about you which you provide to us:
- contact details (such as your name, address, email address and telephone number);
- information that may identify you such as electronic signatures, photographs, videos, voice, body measurements, skin, hair and eye colour and other personal characteristics;
- ID documentation such as your driving licence and passport;
- education and career history; and
- financial information including bank details and identifiers (e.g. National Insurance numbers).
3. PURPOSES FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may process your personal information for the following purposes:
- assessing your suitability/eligibility about whether we take you on as a client;
- determining the terms of our representation agreement with you;
- fulfilling our contractual obligations to you as your agent;
- keeping you up to date and reporting to you;
- to represent you effectively, including the finding and putting you forward for new projects and engagements;
- to publish your profile on our website;
- to collect and receive payments on your behalf and to collect and recover money owed to us;
- to manage your affairs and service your contracts;
- internal administration and management purposes;
- marketing communications mainly for the purpose of promoting projects in which our clients are involved; and
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
4. LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the purposes for which we have collected and use your personal information. In almost every case the legal basis will be one of the following:
- Consent: For example, where we request it. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Our legitimate business interests: Where it is necessary for us to understand our customers, promote our services and operate effectively as a talent management agency, provided in each case that this is done in a legitimate way which does not unduly affect your privacy and other rights.
- Performance of a contract with you (or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract with you): For example, our talent representation agreement.
- Compliance with law: Where we are subject to a legal obligation and need to use your personal information in order to comply with that obligation.
The personal information that we collect may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the EEA or the UK, including countries, which have less strict, or no data protection laws, when compared to those in the EEA or the UK.
Whenever we transfer your information as described in the paragraph above, we will take steps which are reasonably necessary to ensure that adequate safeguards are in place to protect your personal information and to make sure it is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice. In these cases, we rely on approved data transfer mechanisms (such as standard contractual clauses) to ensure your information is subject to adequate safeguards in the recipient country. If you are located in the UK or the EEA, you may contact us for a copy of the safeguards which we have put in place to protect your personal information and privacy rights in these circumstances.
We take steps to ensure that the personal information that you provide is retained for only as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected including for the purposes of our contractual relationship with you and satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. After this period it will be deleted or in some cases anonymised.
Where we have collected the personal information based on your consent and we have no other lawful basis to continue with that processing, if you subsequently withdraw your consent then we will delete your personal information. However, please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
Our website and other digital properties are not intended for, and should not be used by, children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 13.
We may share your personal information with our suppliers, business partners and service providers, where they are helping us to provide our services to you as well as market and advertise our services.
We may disclose your personal information to other third parties in the following cases:
- in the event that we sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer of such business or assets
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our clients will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request; or
- to protect the rights, property or safety of us, or others, and in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions (this includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
9. YOUR RIGHTS
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information. These include: the right to object to the processing of your information for certain purposes, the right to access your personal information, and the ability to erase, restrict or receive a machine-readable copy of your personal information.
We will handle any request to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law and any relevant legal exemptions. If you wish to exercise any of these rights please conduct us using the contact details below.
You may also have the right to complain to a data protection authority if you think we have processed your personal information in a manner which is unlawful or breaches your rights. If you have such concerns we request that you initially contact us (using the contact details below) so that we can investigate, and hopefully resolve, your concerns.
Our website and other digital properties may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites and services such as our business partners and advertisers. If you follow a link to any of these websites and/or services, please note that they have their own privacy notices and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for them. Please check any such third party privacy notices before you submit any personal information to these websites or services.
We may change this privacy notice at any time. The new privacy notice will be displayed on our website and in the applicable digital property. The date this privacy noticed was last updated appears at the bottom.
11. CONTACT US
Questions and comments regarding this privacy notice should be sent to:
Borra Garson, email@example.com
Our registered offices are located at 20 St Marys Grove, London W4 3LL
This Privacy Notice was last updated on January 2022.